How can I use the Ahref tool effectively?
Ahrefs - what is it?
Ahrefs is s SaaS-type solution (meaning that access to the program is sold as a service that needs to be paid for monthly). It enables its users to carefully plan their marketing strategies online.
What does Ahrefs allow us to do?
- Get an insight into how many links lead to a specific page, where they have been published, as well as the state in what ways they influence the page in question.
- Tell us how many domains mention the website (f.e. news portals, tech forums), so we can imagine how recognizable can a brand be on the web.
- To check the number of keywords on the page - this is done to see the number of phrases you have to type in to find the site in the Search Engine Result Phrase - the page with search results.
- Estimate the traffic and clicks the page receives - the amount is considered a rough estimate, but it gives us an insight into the site’s popularity.
- Quantify the monetary worth of the page’s traffic, if we were to obtain it for our site via f.e: Google Ads.
- All the above information is in the context of the past - from the beginning when the page started being tracked by Ahrefs.
- See the changes in all the keywords’ positions in the domain made each day.
- Compare several sites, and look through the differences in the estimated traffic and key phrases.
- Check which of the competition’s web pages are the most popular.
- Check who published the site's link which connects it to the page mentioned above and try to promote ourselves through them.
- Analyze the type of Google Ads a page uses and its effectiveness (see picture below).
- We can check keywords for nine different search engines: Google, Bing, Yandex, YouTube, and f.e Amazon.
- Gain access to hundreds, even thousands, of alternative key phrases and their statistics.
- You can do a lot, a lot more...
It is safe to assume that it became clear just how potent of a tool Ahrefs is, as well as how analyzing competition with it can give your company a great competitive advantage. Without further ado, we will now discuss the analysis and the possibilities it can offer us.